Limitless undying love which shines around me like a million suns

Sunday, July 26, 2009

I've been working at my current job for over a year now and during this time I've made some really good friends, none of whom have ever met my boyfriend. Quite frequently they make fun of me for inventing a so-called "boyfriend" that they have never seen. I had a recent conversation with Hillary that went something like this:

Hillary: What does your bf do for a living?
Me: Economic Analysis.
Hillary: He lives in the city, right? That's why we never see him.
Me: Yea, exactly.
Hillary: Is he like Glenn from the Wedding Singer? Does he buy you things and say things like "It's a CD player, Pam... It doesn't play records"?
Me: It cost him 700 bucks.



This weekend, Hancock was on TV and Rob and I planned on watching it. But, we decided to fold laundry first. We had a conversation that went something like this.

Me: Are we watching Hancock later?
Rob: Yes.
Me: Are you recording it?
Rob: It's On-Demand, Pam. We don't need to record it.


I couldn't stop laughing for the rest of the night. I felt exactly like Julia who was completely ignorant of new technology. Rob isn't really anything like Glenn. He's actually more of the dorky music lover character of Adam Sandler. I love this movie. I watch it every single time it's on VH1, which is a lot. If I make a list of things that make me happy, The Wedding Singer will be on that list.

No comments: