Limitless undying love which shines around me like a million suns

Saturday, June 20, 2009

Ipod Nano

My siblings and I got my dad an Ipod nano for his birthday/Father's day. A few weeks ago, I went to Best Buy and after 10 minutes and a swipe of a card, I already completed my purchase. That was quick, I thought. How easy it is to decide to buy something and in mere seconds, have it in your fingertips.

When I was a freshman in high school, we begged our parents for a computer. This was way back when dial-up internet was as good as it gets. My parents couldn't afford it, of course. They barely could afford new clothes for school. We waited months and months till they finally got their tax refund so they could afford to buy us a computer. I don't have any resentment or bitterness towards my parents nor childhood. It is only part of life. In fact, I know I have been better off than most. Still, that memory makes me sad sometimes thinking about how hard it had been for my parents and how easy it is now for us.

3 comments:

Christine said...

Hi Pam!

Yeah, I'm trying to get a taste of different cupcake places to see if they're any good for possible wedding desserts...haha! However, if not, we might go with Cressa's cupcakes...hahaha!

Anyway, yeah, I haven't been to Old Town in like forever, so that's another reason we were there. Yeah, I'll let you know if we're in the neighborhood again.

However, I'll see you on Friday at Michelle's shindig! (You are going, right?)

Christine said...

OH yeah! Jon and Kate. Well, I don't know what the likelihood is. It would be great if they did, but only time will tell. I wouldn't be surprised if they both started dating other people. Maybe those rumors about them seeing other people (Kate and the bodyguard and Jon and those girls) are true. If that happens, I doubt they would. Who knows..

Unknown said...

we live in the credit card age that's why :(