Limitless undying love which shines around me like a million suns

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Conversations at Work

My work is fun and we have lots of funny conversations. These are just some that I can remember.

(In this conversation is an African-American, El Salvadorian, White, and of course me - Asian.)
David: What are you going to do with all your time once your in Heaven?
Lawrence: You won't know till you get there. Right, Pam?
Charles: Pam doesn't believe in that stuff. She's buddhist.
Lawrence: Oh yea, she believes in reincarnation. She's going to reincarnate as Hello Kitty.


Me: Do you want to go to the Farmer's Market before you go to Salsa class?
David: I have to go home first and change.
Me: Don't you have a shirt under your work shirt?
David: yea but it's sleeveless.
Me: Oh you have to wear shirts with sleeves to Salsa class?
David: No, I have to wear shirts with sleeves to look decent.


Hillary: Let's do something tonight.
David: Ok do you want to see a movie?
Hillary: uh maybe. Actually, I don't want to hang out tonight. Let's just not do anything. Can we just not do anything?
David: just because you're staying home and doing nothing, you want me to stay home and do nothing?

Discussing my housing situation.
Me: I just don't want to have to tolerate anyone anymore.
Hillary: that's a good way to go through life.

Hillary: You're invited to my bbq. My roommate emailed you.
Me: I didn't get it.
Hillary: Didn't you get an invite from Andy?
Me: Oh yea. I didn't know any Andy so I deleted it.
Hillary: You didn't wonder at all why a guy named Andy invited you to a bbq?


Me: What are you getting your dad for Father's Day?
Hillary: You're going to laugh at me.
Me: Why?
Hillary: He's an electrician. So you know, he could fall and hurt himself. I was thinking of getting him something for that.
Pause
Hillary: I'm getting him a first aid kit.
Me: But if he fell, wouldn't he need serious medical attention?
Hillary: Shut up
Me: I was expecting you to say a trampoline.

Annoying guy: Pam, you're going to laugh at this. There's this town in China called Phuket. So there's this restaurant in Chinatown in San Francisco...(me listening, waiting for him to finish)...called Phuket. My friends and I thought it would be funny if we took a picture in front of it cause it's looked funny.
After waiting for him to finish....
Me: Phuket is in Thailand.

No comments: